- Kinesio tape, as it's often called, got its name because it is used to aid muscle movement. It's a thin, flexible tape that is meant to relieve pain, reduce swelling and inflammation, and provide support to joints and muscles. K-tape was originally developed as a way to enhance athletic performance.
- The tape is best-suited for when you need range of motion in the ankle, but want additional support. You may want to wear kinesio tape if: you're back to physical activity after an injury. you're back on the playing field.
- Both the cotton and synthetic materials in the tape promote unidirectional elasticity. In other words, the tape can stretch in length but not in width. Due to the presence of these elastic fibers, KT Tape can support muscles, tendons, and ligaments without inhibiting range of motion like traditional athletic tape.
- Despite its flexibility, Kinesio tape is supposed to stabilize muscles and give the athlete awareness of muscle engagement, known as proprioception
- Kinesiology taping (KT) is used in musculoskeletal practice for preventive and rehabilitative purposes. It is claimed that KT improves blood flow in the microcirculation by creating skin convolutions and that this reduces swelling and facilitates healing of musculoskeletal injuries
KINESIOLOGY TAPE (1 Roll) 5 cm x 5m
Taxes Included |